Euphorbia obesa basketball plant Cactus Cacti Succulent Real Live Plant
Euphorbia obesa basketball plant Cactus Cacti Succulent Real Live Plant by eightplant at The Foods Pantry. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last.
Features & Highlights
- This plant comes in a 3.5" pot. You will receive a very similar plant to the one in the picture. It may or may not be blooming at the time of your purchase. The plant is shipped in its pot to prevent any damage to the roots. Also known as basketball plant, at first, the Euphorbia obesa is spherical and becomes taller with age.
- Recommended temperature zone: Sunset: 4-9, 11,13-17, 31-34, USDA: 9b-10 ; Frost tolerance: Hardy down to 28°F (-2°C) ; Minimum avg. temperature: 45°F (7°C) ; Sun exposure: Light shade, morning sun
- Origin: South Africa (Great Karoo) ; Growth habits: Succulent, up to 8 inches high (20 cm) ; Watering needs: moderate water in Summer, keep dry in winter
- Propagation: Seeds, sexes are separated, so a male and a female plant are needed for the fecundation ; Cultural practices: This species is dormant in winter, keep it totally dry at or around 40°F (4°C).
- As with the other Euphorbias, There are over 2000 species of Euphorbias in the world. They range from annual weeds to trees. They all have latex and a unique flower structure. A significant percentage is succulent, but they are mostly originating from Africa and Madagascar. The Euphorbias are named after a Greek surgeon called Euphorbus. He was physician of Juba II who was the Romanised king of a North African kingdom, and is supposed to have used their milky latex as an ingredient for his potio